Hillary Construction (Pty) Limited
Bill and Irene Hillary were the Company's founding members. The Hillary's emigrated from England to South Africa in 1959. The Company started earthmoving in 1963 and registered as Civil Engineering Contractors in 1967. Initially regional, the company now operates in South Africa, Zambia and Botswana. The Head Office is in Polokwane, the capital of Limpopo Province of South Africa.
- Hillary Construction Zambia Limited
- Hillary Construction Botswana (Pty) Limited
- Polokwane Surfacing (Pty) Limited
- Tswelopele Roads and Earthworks (Pty) Limited
- Ya Rena Civils (Pty) Ltd
Changes in the Hillary Group
Perhaps the biggest challenge was to realise that the Company had grown beyond a family business and that a new era had dawned. In 1991 the Company became a limited public company. Approximately 10% of the shares were sold to employees at book value. In 2004 more shares were sold to Management. In 2007 outside investors were welcomed as shareholders resulting in 18.5% black interest in the Company. In 2013 an Employees Ownership Scheme was established and today we can boast of 25% Black Ownership. Further to this in early 2015 Hillary purchased a controlling share in Ya Rena Civils (Pty) Ltd with the intention of increasing the service we can offer to Clients.
We are proud to be associated with:
- S A ROAD FEDERATION
- CIDB - view registration status
- PWC ISO 9001
- The Engineering Institution of Zambia
- Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission
- National Council of Construction
- PMR Gold and Diamond Award 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2014.
- Best Team Spirit, CANSA Relay for Life 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2014.
- Best Team Stand, CANSA Relay for Life 2014
- Appreciation, SA Police Service – Fight against Crime Campaign.