Hillary Construction (Pty) Limited
Bill and Irene Hillary were the Company's founding members. The Hillary's emigrated from England to South Africa in 1959. The Company started earthmoving in 1963 and registered as Civil Engineering Contractors in 1967. Initially regional, the company now operates in South Africa, Zambia and Botswana. The Head Office is in Polokwane, the capital of Limpopo Province of South Africa.
- Hillary Construction Zambia Limited
- Hillary Construction Botswana (Pty) Limited
- Polokwane Surfacing (Pty) Limited
- Tswelopele Roads and Earthworks (Pty) Limited
Changes in the Hillary Group
Perhaps the biggest challenge was to realise that the Company had grown beyond a family business and that a new era had dawned. In 1991 the Company became a limited public company. Approximately 10% of the shares were sold to employees at book value. In 2004 more shares were sold to Management. In 2007 outside investors were welcomed as shareholders resulting in 18.5% black interest in the Company.
We are proud to be associated with:
- S A ROAD FEDERATION
- CIDB - view registration status
- PMR Gold and Diamond Award 2010, 2011 and 2012.
- DRA Safety Award for 500 000 accident free hours at Two Rivers Platinum Mine.
- Best Team Spirit, CANSA Relay for Life 2010.
- Appreciation, SA Police Service – Fight against Crime Campaign.